Thread: MOORE,OKLAHOMA TORNADO DESTROYS SCHOOLS AND HOUSES AND HORSE FARM

Default MOORE,OKLAHOMA TORNADO DESTROYS SCHOOLS AND HOUSES AND HORSE FARM

Tornado hit Moore,Ok this afternoon and destroyed two schools and children may have still been in the schools, houses, and horse farms. Prayers go out to all families.

Unhappy

It is heartbreaking watching this stuff.
    "An inexhaustible good nature is one of the most precious gifts of heaven, spreading itself like oil over the troubled sea of thought, and keeping the mind smooth and equable in the roughest weather." Washington Irving

Just finished watching ABC tv news and they had their half hour on this story....looks like the small town was leveled..
    Was thinking of you and other posters in Texas and above...Interviews with survivors and rescue workers and storm chasers...One teacher gathered her class and huddled in a safe room and thank God all were safe...others not so lucky.
    When they went off the air they showed rescue workers and dogs trying to find a person under all the debris when they heard a voice...winds were measured at over 200 mph...prayers for all...
    'i distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because i notice it always coincides with their own desires' - Susan B. Anthony, American feminist(1820-1906)

'It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument'..William Gibbs McAdoo, American
    government official (1863-1941

There's a guy over at PA, cj, who lives in Moore. He reports that he and his family are all safe, but his son's home was destroyed. Watching this now and praying for those kids in the schools and everyone else.

Now there's a report that they've given up searching for two dozen missing children feared dead in a collapsed school. I can't figure out, nor have I heard addressed, why the 4th - 6th graders in that school were evacuated, but the K-3 kids were left behind to ride it out. Anyone?

Worked with a woman here in TX who was from Moore whose family lost everything in 99. We lost our jobs in '01 and she went back there to live.

Hope all is well.

Buddy I joined AF with from NY went back there after we got out. He stayed in AF retired and I found out last year he died May 17 2013 after they had storms that day.

People are very nice there, but with the weather they get, I couldn't live there.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0">

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

"An inexhaustible good nature is one of the most precious gifts of heaven, spreading itself like oil over the troubled sea of thought, and keeping the mind smooth and equable in the roughest weather." Washington Irving

every school in the midwest should have a serious basement
    wtf
    in the 70s my school had a bomb shelter
    due to the cold war
    -you have to forget what you have learned so you can relearn what you have forgotten-

-having a hole in your ticket is just as bad as having a hole in your wallet-

-there are children playing in the streets who could hit the most impossible pick 6s...-

-sit with men wearing explosives,walk down a dark road in guatemala,or feed a lion but do not eat pizza with bad gamblers

-Why not-

-racing today doesnt make sense-so why should i bet horses that do-

never understood why most homes don't have basements in OK and TEX.

in places like AZ I get it, the ground is too hard,

but in the midwest I don't get it at all.

The ground in San Antonio and Austin is about 3 inches of soil an underneath is all limestone. I guess it's too expensive to dig for a basement. Even apartments and high rise buildings don't have basements. Points north and probably OK is the same.
    They should be able to build "up". Maybe with all the dirt and crap they dig up with fracing they can put that stuff to use.

Especially OK and those other places that get hit on a regular basis.

The next big problem in South Tex is when we finally get the type of rains we had in 98-2001.

Many, many homes have been built here since then, and with very little rain since then, I'm sure when it does come a lot of people are going to be screaming "...nobody told me I bought in a flood zone".

Heartfelt prayers to these people, some of them their life will never be the same.....Devastating.
    “Do you think it is a vain hope that one day man will find joy in noble deeds of light and mercy, rather than in the coarse pleasures he indulges in today -- gluttony, fornication, ostentation, boasting, and envious vying with his neighbor? I am certain this is not a vain hope and that the day will come soon.”
    ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

NBC has said this morning that 91 people are dead of which 20 were children. Schools in Oklahoma need to have storm shelters to protect the kids and teachers.